Cody Thorvald is his new home
Breed: Male Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Pomeranian
Weight: 12 - 13 kgs
Hi there I'm Cody. I am a sweet and kind little dog with so many great qualities and one of these is that I am cat friendly!! I am currently living very peacefully with a cat in my foster home and even when I go and visit friend's houses I get along with their cats too! So if you already have a cat/s who would be happy living with a dog that is looking for a special forever home then I could be your guy. I am gentle and enjoy meeting people of all ages and love saying hello to kids when out and about and often hear people commenting on my endearing nature.
Some of my other great qualities include (but are not limited too!):
- When out walking I am not fazed by loud vehicles/motorbikes, cyclists whizzing by, kids/adults running past, people on skateboards etc.
- I am completely house trained, okay to be left on my own for some hours and never destructive inside the house
- I absolutely love going out in the car, being with you, and am easy to take out and about
- I sleep quietly all through the night in my cosy bed
- I love greeting visitors and will never bark at them
- I am a perfect size, on the smaller side of medium and very easy to handle/bath etc.
- I love being in my family's company and love attention, pats and tummy rubs
- I am happy to lounge around and snooze if not much is going on, but I also love to get out for a walk and can keep up a good pace
- I've just discovered that tennis balls are fun to chase and love running around with them in my mouth but am hopeless at bringing them back
- I am completely adorable!
There is one thing that I need some help and understanding with though. I have not been well socialized with other dogs in the past (people have let me down in this area) and I am usually reactive when seeing other dogs in the street. I am looking for a confident and calm person/family who is willing to put in the effort to continue the training that VicDRG has started with me. Or perhaps you live in a quiet area where there are not many dogs around and we can go for walks and there are safe places to let me off leash for a good run around which makes me very happy! The good news is, that after proper introductions, I have made friends with two bigger breed female dogs who are calm and non-reactive, and we go for play dates and regular walks together and get along fine. I don't get along so well with male dogs though.
My ideal forever home will be with people who are looking for a loving companion to welcome in to your heart and home, someone who doesn't work full-time, has no other dogs at this stage, loves affection and being looked at adoringly, are gentle and kind, and don't have young kids (because even though I like them, I do like having my own space at home to rest and relax). If you are willing to see all of my positive traits and help me where I need it, I will love you to the moon and back and you will have a loyal, loving friend!
Thank you to Heather of Dixon Dog Photography for the fantastic photos of Cody.
Microchip Number: 956000008303046
Source Number: EE104797
Adoption Fee: $580
Cody Thorvald has/have been adopted.
Please note: we do not rehome interstate or to applicants under 25.